Eat. Sleep. Breathe. Gymnastics.
You wouldn't understand. Its a Gym Thing.When I look at class tees, sometimes I think : SO EGO. But then this time. I can't help but feel that this statement is true. Manda's been coming up with things to put on next years gym tee. I've never known a year when we start thinking about gym tee so early. Anyway..I've gotten used to being a captain with no tao. Gotten used to going for training without training. When the juniors improve though, theres this sense of satisfaction =D. I wish I could stay near the tramp more often though, theres where the life of gym is. To watch this year's new b divers try like I used to try. Try like I will soon try. Hopefully next week. Its nice to see taos forming. =D Its november the 21st. There will be two more trainings this week. By the end of this week, tessa's group should get qianban consistently and tang from tramp to mat nicely. And start qiankonging in the tumble trak. The sec 2s should get their straddle zhuan pa consistently too. And get somewhere with their zhuan tangs.
By the end of this week, I should be ready to train.
This weekend was fun. Staying over at Manda's house was fun. I think Manda and Larrie are lucky people. They have nice food to eat everyday. And they have big families. I've concluded that bigger families are happier. Looking at Jeanne, Jiayi, Larrie. Something funny is always happening. I shall either give birth to many children, or not at all.
Manda's cousin is P5, but he seems so small. I wonder if I was ever that small when I was in p5. I wonder what I thought in those years. I still remember feeling very old in P5 and 6. But now I look back at those pschool kids, and I say, their so young. So very young. Perhaps that how the 20plus ppl feel about us. I feel old now. I feel independant. Someday when I look back at these days, will I feel that I was so young? I want to do something useful in this life. I want to make a difference. Isn't that what everybody wants? But somehow I find myself wasting time away. I watched 'An Inconvinient Truth' yesterday with my daddy. Its about Global Warming.
Global Warming is always made boring in school. Everyone knows the basics about Global Warming, but the majority of everybody does nothing about it, me included. I do think about it sometimes. But not seriously. Not until last night, when again I couldnt sleep.
The earth is dying. Our Earth is dying.Carbon dioxide levels have never reached this high in all the 65000 years of civilisation. Temperatures have never soared this high. All the glaciers are melting. Big Rivers drying up. Typhoons in Japan, Hurricanes in US, Droughts in Africa. All the statistics were never presented straight into my face till yesterday. All the charts and graphs, all the pictures of the glaciers disappearing and rivers drying up. All the predictions of huge parts of Netherlands, Calcatta, India, Shanghai, Florida that will be underwater if more ice in the South Pole melts. Global Warming is a serious issue, and that Global Warming will have many effects on us in the the future. But why doesnt anyone really pay attention?
Earth cant continue to support us in this way anymore.Man is greedy. The seven sins that we poccess. All of us know that Global Warming is serious but we dont care because we all think it wont happen to us. That it may happen to the next generation, but not us. It doesnt occur to us that we are part of the this horrible problem. Because we are creating it. Technology advanced so fast, we can produce so much food, so much more clean water, so much more clothes, so much more everything. We can even produce more people to eat up and use up everything. But one day the resources will all run out. Every company, Every country wants more, more. Better economy, Better products, quality and quantity. Who stops to think about being envoirnmentally friendly, because those that take measure to do so will be left behind. Their products will take longer to manufacture, and will cost more. They will lose out. Thats why noone cares. Because they know they will not be supported by the market which isnt envoirnmentally friendly.
What is money at the end if not a bit of paper?
What is money without resources?
What can money buy when nothing is left?
What can money return to the Earth after Earth has been bled dry?I wonder why geography teachers dont teach this. Why geography students aren't troubled by this. Why IH does not teach this. Because to me, Global Warming is an issue far more important than how nationstates are formed, how Welfare should be provided, how trade is important. Why those world leaders and company heads and everyone up there important who has an important say, and no doubt has been shown all these statistics, this inconvenient truth, dont make the decision to together take great measures to save the Earth. Al Gore wondered why all the people when showed this stats in the face did not get hit hard, hard enough to cause a change. I wonder why too. WHY? Its a problem as important as the economy, isnt it? Because if the disasters keep happening, or the epidemic and ice age comes, what will be left?
Make a difference? Isnt this difference an important enough difference to make? Why isnt anyone doing much? I would never have known this if not for last night if I didnt seat down and watched the film. So what if I study so hard, train so hard, when everything will be lost if these disasters continue to strike? We can talk about the day the sun explodes and dies, and the creatures on Earth has nothing to rely on. But can the people of today even reach that date if we continue to not heed the warning of Nature? Nature sends the typhoons and hurricanes and droughts and floods. Nature is killing people because it can no longer support all the people in the world. Nature is saying it needs saving. Why do we curse the typhoons and hurricanes and droughts and floods, and not the cause of all these? We mourn the death of the thousands who died, but do nothing to save those who will just die in the future if we continue the way we are. We cry over the touching parts in the movie theatres. We cry over the sad stories of those people in the dramas. We cry over the twisted lives of those in the animes. Every death is cruel, because everyone has a story to tell, and everyone did something in his/her life that was meaningful. Even for one person to die, you can cry one litre of tears. For that thousands, that millions of people who continue to die from the dieseases brought about by global warming, from the the natural diasaster brought about by global warming, from the lack of food and drink, from everything caused by this problem that we, a mankind formed.
Who will cry?
Those that got hit by it? Will they question "Why did the hurricane choose me?", just like Aya-san in One litre of Tears "Why did the disease choose me?" And will they say:"God chose it to be, thats why it is." Will they, we, everyone, finally get the warning that Earth-the-God who has provided us with everything is saying? Will we see our mistakes?
I think we will, and by that time it will be too late.
Nature is fair. Everything is fair. It always is. Its us that is in the wrong. It always is. Against time, Against the course of all things. We are the ones who have the faults. I know why the Ice Ages came. I know why those epidemics came. They were as cruel to mankind as mankind were as cruel to nature.
I know why the graphs and charts and statistics are always right. We always know what is right, and we always know what is going to happen. Just that we dont believe it. Because it is our nature. Human nature. Thats just ironic. So ironic. I will get all those statistics and post it up here. Later. Because even after I say all this, do you truly believe all this is really happening? Do I really believe it too? Im so used to not caring, like everybody else. I too need a wake up call. So I shall find all those stats that was konked into my head yesterday. As a prove that I cant keep ignoring everything again. After my expository essay, I shall start the R&Rs.
P.S
[to someone] JIAYOU! Life holds alot for the both of us. Every day has a purpose. And its not all about homework and maths.
[to someone else]Its nice when someone tells you: I miss you. I hope you relax and not think about work at all in Japan. I'll miss you.
[to everyone else] The Earth needs our help. We are young, but there is so much we can do, right? Right. When we are 20 and we look back, we can say: I made a difference.