<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/38907122?origin\x3dhttp://jumpintime.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

i love the juniors' LA teacher for making them write odes
i never wrote so much since comps last year, and a bit of time that i wrote to qiao yan

this is a reminiscence of what i remember from comps last year
for the juniors, if i feel like they felt just not so long ago:

Can I prove the pain and sweat and tears?

Its my turn to get onto the tramp
the judges sit like statured doom
a fear I cannot explain
a desired I cannot express in words

I sink into the tramp
Routine takes over
molded from pain
carved from sweat
watered with tears
my limbs move with practiced ease
paints a picture my heart desires
a hope, a dream, a common goal

my muscles tense
a wave of support below and around me
a spirit lifts me I soar
the spirit of love of my seniors and teammates
the spirit of fight and fair
my muscles relax

twenty seconds later and I get off the
judges sit with frozen smiles
a tension I cannot explain
a desire to be written in the scoreboard
in numbers

see I made it and I see we did it

that was from trying to think like how minyi would feel but adding my thoughts in anyway. Comps last year was..something I would never forget.

Another little memory:

The adrenaline’s pumping through my veins
The wind brushing against my skin
The glistening sweat slides down my brow
The rate of my heart increases each second
The moment is mine
The shine of the moment is mine

How does one describe a want that burns so in ones heart?
How does one express a goal so fiery it flames bursts of energy?
How does one portray year one and a half in twenty seconds?

A promise I am entwined within
Forged from hours
in pointed toes, in tensed muscles, in drilled poises
Mantled over from my seniors-
a wisp of hoped instruction, a faint trail of dreamed faith

The trampoline shivers under my touch
It keeps to my rhythm, it springs my hearts desires
Each jump sends me soaring further into the skies
Each jump cracks another record in my book of fear
Each bounce is like treading over another hurdle
Each try is like breaking another law
Each attempt is like smashing another barrier

my perfect twists ignite an firework of my heart’s desire
my powerful flips flow with the larva of passion that flows my goal’s volcano
my poised landing summarises that eternity of perspiration and fear

The dream of making it to the top
The hope and promise of greater victories
Poise power perfection
–the spirit of gym

Thats originally livia's and my emotions swept in, kind of. =D
I remember when I felt like giving up, yining told me, "we all put so much into your tao, without our [seniors] permission, you have no right to give up on your tao."

you don't know how much you did for me when I was back in sec one and you in sec two. you don't know how much i really do love you. you don't know how much you taught me. This is for you. I love you. Thank You.

For Jeanne:

There stood once a pillar
There leaned once a little girl

She looked up and saw a sky golden, a sun blue.
She looked behind, about, in front, and saw that one same pillar

She leaned about that one same pillar
When sun rose
When sun set
When rain washed
When drops dried

She leaned and learned the colours of a rainbow
the rays of hope, love, passion, desire, perfection, discipline and satisfaction

Why do all good things come to an end?

There entwines now a heart
There entwines now two hearts

They beat within a reflected rainbow

An eternal hope
A cured bridge
A forged bond of love and indescribable

Wind of the day
Sigh of the sun
Smile of an angel’s breath

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
7:57 AM